Sea Lamprey Events
Sea Lamprey Control
2013 Lake Champlain Sea Lamprey Control Schedule
Lampricide Treatments - Fall 2013
The Lake Champlain Fish and Wildlife Management Cooperative (Cooperative) will be applying lampricides to portions of four tributaries to Lake Champlain.
Four tributaries of Lake Champlain are scheduled for treatment with TFM.
- Saranac River in Clinton County, NY
- Putnam Brook in Washington County, NY
- Lamoille River in Chittenden County, VT
- Stonebridge Brook in Chittenden County, VT
Temporary water use advisories will be in effect for each of the treatments to minimize human exposure to affected waters. Both state's Departments of Health recommend treated river and lake water not be used for drinking, swimming, fishing, irrigation, or livestock watering while the advisories are in effect. The treatments and water use advisories will have no effect on most residents in the Champlain Basin and no municipal water supply systems will be affected.
Local television and radio stations will broadcast the dates when advisories begin and expire. The treatment schedule is subject to change as weather conditions, stream flows, or logistical issues may arise during the treatments.
Call toll-free 1-888-596-0611 to get information on the schedule for each of the treatments, progress reports, updates on treatments, and water use advisories.
2012 Lake Champlain Sea Lamprey Control
Lampricide Treatments - Fall 2012
Five tributaries of Lake Champlain were treated with TFM.
- Missisquoi River in Franklin County, VT
- Winooski River (combination treatment) in Chittenden County, VT
- Great Chazy in Essex County, NY
- Mill Brook in Essex County NY
- Mount Hope Brook in Washington County, NY
Two deltas of Lake Champlain tributaries were treated with granular Bayluscide
- Saranac River Delta in Clinton County, NY
- Mill Brook Delta in Essex County, NY