New York State Tree Nursery
Saratoga Springs, NY
Watch a clip about the Saratoga Tree Nursery on DEC TV.
Visit the Saratoga Tree Nursery on Facebook!
Providing New York State with Seedlings for 100 Years
Sandbar willow makes a great visual screen
and live snow fence
Trees from the nursery are grown to be tough, hardened by the demanding climate conditions of our region. Local seed is best for growing healthy and hardy trees, adapted to our state's conditions. More than 200 acres of seed orchards throughout the state are maintained by nursery staff as seed production areas.
Consider buying New York-grown seedlings produced from local seed sources - it's an investment for your property that will pay off in healthier, stronger trees and shrubs for our future.
Begin planting trees for tomorrow!
The 2013 Spring Seedling Sale will begin January 2nd.
More about New York State Tree Nursery:
- Trees for Tribs - a watershed restoration program of the State Tree Nursery at Saratoga
- Tree and Shrub Descriptions for 2013 - physical description, site requirements, wildlife value, uses and interesting facts
- Nursery Stock Availability for 2013 - species, size, cost per unit and availability
- Spring Seedling Sale - Tree species ordering information for the Saratoga Tree Nursery.
- School Seedling Program - DEC's school seedling program provides New York State's school students with the experience of planting and caring for a tree seedlings.
- Nursery Background - history, current projects and future opportunities
- Frequently Asked Questions about Purchasing Seedlings - Answers to the most commonly asked questions