Submit Your Photos of NY Moose
Attention Wildlife Shutterbugs!
Do you have a New York State moose captured on film or digital media that you would like to share? DEC has created a Moose Photo Gallery for this majestic icon of the North Woods. If you would like to share your moose images with us, you can either mail or e-mail photos to us by simply following the guidelines in the Contributor's Guide. Thanks for sharing your moose encounter!
All photos should be of moose found in New York State.
Photographs MUST be accompanied by the following information:
- Name of the photographer.
- Date, town and county where the photograph was taken.
- Brief caption describing the content of the photograph (e.g., One of two bull moose seen at this location.)
When submitting a photograph:
Digitally via e-mail:
- Keep the file size below 1 MB and send only 1-2 photos per e-mail.
- Photos should be between 400 and 1,000 pixels wide.
- Photos should be in JPG, TIF, PNG, GIF, or BMP formats.
Via regular mail:
- Photos can be 35mm slides, regular prints, or digital photos on CD.
- If sending digital photos, please use the file types, sizes and configuration listed above.
- Send to: Moose Photo Gallery, NYSDEC, 625 Broadway, Albany, NY 12233-4754
New York State Department of Environmental Conservation retains all rights to accepted submissions. DEC reserves the right to reproduce or reprint, with proper credit, photos in other publications, on television, web sites, and other media. Because of limitations on staff time and backlog of submissions, we cannot guarantee when or if an accepted submission will be published in the photo gallery. All submissions will remain on file for an indefinite period unless the contributor requests return.