Air Quality Analysis and Research
The Bureau of Air Quality Analysis and Research performs the following functions:
- Analysis of ambient measurements of criteria and non-criteria pollutants;
- Modeling of reactive pollutants including ozone and PM2.5 in support of State Implementation Plans (SIPs);
- Measurement and assessment of acidic deposition in lake waters;
- Risk assessment and management of airborne toxics;
- Development of DAR-1, Annual Guideline concentrations;
- Determination of environmental ratings under 6NYCRR Part 212.