Office of Hearings and Mediation Services
Louis A. Alexander, Assistant Commissioner
James T. McClymonds, Chief Administrative Law Judge
D. Scott Bassinson, Hearings Counsel
- Edward Buhrmaster, Administrative Law Judge
- Michael Caruso, Administrative Law Judge
- P. Nicholas Garlick, Administrative Law Judge
- Helene G. Goldberger, Administrative Law Judge
- Molly T. McBride, Administrative Law Judge
- Daniel P. O'Connell, Administrative Law Judge
- Richard A. Sherman, Administrative Law Judge
- Maria E. Villa, Administrative Law Judge
- Richard R. Wissler, Administrative Law Judge
The Office of Hearings and Mediation Services (OHMS) is an independent office within the Department that reports directly to the Commissioner. We conduct hearings related to the Department's permitting and enforcement activities under the Environmental Conservation Law. We also help to resolve disputes by employing less formal means, such as mediation. We also decide Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) appeals with respect to records held or maintained in OHMS. We are not affiliated with any of DEC's regulatory programs, field personnel or the Office of the General Counsel. To find out more about us and what we do, please access the links on the right side of this page.
For more information about the postings of this Office, please see the contact information on the right side of this page.
More about Office of Hearings and Mediation Services:
- OHMS History - This page lists all personnel for the Office of Hearings and Mediations services since it was established and provides a brief history of the office.