Division of Materials Management
The Mission of the Division of Materials Management is to Protect the Environment and Public Health Through Fulfillment of Two Broad Goals:
- Minimize waste and maximize the use of recyclable materials, while ensuring that solid waste management facilities within the State are operated properly. By capturing the economic value of materials, their imbedded energy is conserved and the generation of greenhouse gases and pollution is minimized.
- Ensure safe and appropriate management of pesticides and provide protection from exposure to them, through regulation of pesticide registration, sales and application and related enforcement/compliance, as well as technical assistance and outreach.
Division Organizational Structure
Division Director - David Vitale, P.E.
Assistant Division Director - Robert Phaneuf, P.E.
Division Secretary - Kathy Manzari
Bureau of Permitting and Planning - Bureau Director, Richard Clarkson, P.E.
- Waste Transporter and Resource Management - Michael Dauphinais
- Solid Waste Management Facilities and Planning - Vimal Minocha, P. E.
- Beneficial Use, Medical Waste and Inactive Landfills Section - Gus Carayiannis, P.E.
Bureau of Waste Reduction and Recycling - Bureau Director, Peter Pettit, P.E.
- Product Stewardship and Waste Reduction - Mark Moroukian, P.E.
- Recycling and Outreach - Vacant
- Organics Reduction and Recycling - Sally Rowland, P.E., PhD
- Pollution Prevention Unit - John Vana
Bureau of Pest Management - Bureau Director, Scott Menrath, P.E.
- Pesticide Product Registration - Jeanine Broughel
- Compliance and Lab Services - Anthony Lamanno
- Reporting and Certification - Richard Dickinson