Division of Materials Management
The Mission of the Division of Materials Management is to Protect the Environment and Public Health Through Fulfillment of Two Broad Goals:
- Minimize waste and maximize the use of recyclable materials, while ensuring that solid waste management facilities within the State are operated properly. By capturing the economic value of materials, their imbedded energy is conserved and the generation of greenhouse gases and pollution is minimized.
- Ensure safe and appropriate management of pesticides and provide protection from exposure to them, through regulation of pesticide registration, sales and application and related enforcement/compliance, as well as technical assistance and outreach.
Division Organizational Structure
Division Director - Sal Ervolina, P.E.
Assistant Division Director - Robert Phaneuf, P.E.
Division Secretary - Kathy Manzari
Bureau of Permitting and Planning - Bureau Director, Dave Vitale, P.E.
- Compliance and Resource Management Section - Michael McTague
- Facilities Section - Richard Clarkson, P.E.
- Planning and Municipal Assistance Section - Gus Carayiannis, P.E.
Bureau of Waste Reduction and Recycling - Bureau Director, Peter Pettit, P.E.
- Product Stewardship and Waste Reduction - Mark Moroukian, P.E.
- Recycling and Outreach - Thomas Lynch, P.E.
- Organics Recycling and Beneficial Reuse - Sally Rowland, P.E.
- Toxics Reduction and Green Chemistry - Aida Potter, P.E.
Bureau of Pest Management - Bureau Director, Scott Menrath, P.E.
- Product Registration and Pest Management Alternatives - Jeanine Broughel
- Compliance and Lab Services - Anthony Lamanno
- Reporting and Certification - Vacant