Division of Environmental Remediation
The mission of DEC's Division of Environmental Remediation is to protect public health and the environment of the State of New York by: preventing releases to the environment through the regulation of petroleum and chemical bulk storage, hazardous waste, and radiation facilities; and responding to, investigating, and remediating releases of contaminants that have occurred.
- Environmental Cleanup and Brownfields - DEC Web "Homepage" for brownfield information.
- State Superfund Program (Inactive Hazardous Waste Disposal Site Remedial Program) - Oversees the identification, investigation and cleanup of sites where consequential amounts of hazardous waste exist.
- Brownfield Cleanup Program - Developed to enhance private-sector cleanup of brownfields and to reduce development pressure on "greenfields."
- Environmental Restoration Program - Provides municipalities with financial assistance for site investigation and remediation at eligible brownfield sites.
- Spill Response Program - Oversees the cleanup of releases of petroleum or other contaminants into the environment that occur throughout New York State.
- Bulk Storage Program - Provides guidelines and controls for the storage of many different hazardous chemicals in conjunction with a tank registration program.
- Hazardous Waste Management Program - Oversees all aspects of hazardous waste management in the State, including: generators, transporters, and treatment, storage and disposal facilities.
- Radiation Program - Oversees the discharge and disposal of radioactive material to the environment and the transportation and disposal of low-level radioactive waste.
More about Division of Environmental Remediation :
- Environmental Remediation Annual Report - The NYS Department of Environmental Conservation annually reports on progress made in pollution prevention and cleanup of contaminated properties under NYS Programs.
- Environmental Cleanup, Bulk Storage, and Brownfield News and Events - This page contains the latest news and updates, including information on rule makings and upcoming events, related to environmental cleanup, bulk storage, and brownfield issues in New York State.
- Division of Environmental Remediation Contacts and Phone Numbers - Contact information for New York's brownfield programs, Superfund program, Bulk Storage programs, and Petroleum & Chemical Spill Response programs.