NYS Conservation Fund Advisory Board
The New York State Conservation Fund Advisory Board (CFAB) was established by law to make recommendations to state agencies on state government plans, policies, and programs affecting fish and wildlife.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review the allocations and expenditures of the Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) for fish and wildlife purposes.
- Release information or reports to the sporstmen/women and the general public regarding the conservation fund and fish and wildlife programs.
- Consult with fish and wildlife interests and render annual reports to the Commissioner of DEC on fiscal needs and make recommendations on how such needs shall be met.
- Assist DEC's efforts to expand available sources of income for the conservation fund and provide advice toward the needs of various fish and wildlife programs.
- Encourage public participation in fishing, hunting and trapping and promote conservation and management of New York's natural resources.
More specific duties and responsibilities are found within the bylaws and objectives (link in the left-hand column of this page).
Members of the Board
Each of the eleven appointed CFAB voting members have long-standing interest, knowledge and experience in fish and wildlife management, including hunting, fishing, trapping and related conservation activities. At the time of designation, board members must hold a valid New York state hunting, fishing or trapping license and have held one three years prior. The members are not employees of DEC and voluntarily perform their responsibilities within their three year term. Of the eleven appointed members; one is chosen to represent the New York State Conservation Council Inc. (NYSCC), one to represent The New York State Fish and Wildlife Management Act Board (FWMB), and nine to represent the DEC regions with one resident per region. In addition, ex-officio, non-voting members also serve the Board.
(click on name
|Gordon J. Whitingfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Eastern Lake Ontario)
(Western Finger Lakes)
|Marc A. Osypianemail@example.com|
(Western New York)
|Dale F. Dunkelberger||716-434-9268||Dunkster5@aol.com|
|NYS Fish & Wildlife
|NYS Conservation Council||
Board members can also be contacted by writing NYS Conservation Fund Advisory Board, 625 Broadway, Albany, NY 12233-4750, or by e-mailing Conservation Fund Advisory Board.
More about NYS Conservation Fund Advisory Board:
- CFAB Monthly Meetings and Annual Reports - Review annual reports submitted to the Commissioner and meeting notes taken during the monthly Conservation Fund Advisory Board meetings.
- CFAB Correspondences - View correspondence that the Conservation Fund Advisory Board has written regarding various sportsmen issues and funding matters associated with the State's Fish and Wildlife program
- CFAB Member Biographies - Learn about the Conservation Fund Advisory Board members who dedicate their time toward fish and wildlife.
- CFAB Bylaws and Objectives - Review the By Laws and Rules of Order that were adopted to regulate the actions and procedures of the Conservation Fund Advisory Board.
- Laws Establishing CFAB - Review literature from the Legislative laws pertaining to the Conservation Fund in the State Finance Law and the Conservation Fund Advisory Board in the Environmental Conservation Law.