Region 9 Office Directions
Region 9 serves Western New York, which includes Erie, Niagara, Chautauqua, Cattaraugus, Allegany and Wyoming counties. Its main office is located in the City of Buffalo with a sub-office in Allegany. See the links on the right hand side of this page for more information about Region 9.
DEC Region 9's main office is
located in the City of Buffalo
on the corner of Seneca Street
and Michigan Avenue.
270 Michigan Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14203
Hours: 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday
- From North of City of Buffalo: Take the 190 south to the Elm Street exit, N6; exit immediately onto the Seneca Street ramp. DEC's office is the first building on your right (please enter by the front Michigan Street door). Commercial parking is available in the adjacent parking lot on Seneca Street.
- From East if City of Buffalo: Take the 90 west to Exit 53 (190 North); take the 190 to the Elm Street exit, N6; exit immediately onto the Seneca Street ramp. Our offices are in the first building on your right (Please enter by the front Michigan Street door). Commercial parking is available across Seneca Street from our offices.
- From Buffalo Airport: Take 33 west; exit to Kensington Expressway (also 33); exit to 90 West (third exit) and follow directions "From East."
- From Southeast of City of Buffalo: Take the 90 east to Exit 53 (190 North) and follow directions "From East."
- From Southwest of City of Buffalo: Take Route 5 north; on Skyway bridge exit to 190 South; immediately exit to Elm Street, N6; and follow directions "From North."
Region 9's Allegany Sub-Office is located on the Saint Bonaventure University Campus, at:
182 East Union Street, Suite 3
Allegany, NY 14706
- From points north and south: Take Route 16 to Route 17 west bound or Route 219 to Route 17 east bound, then follow directions below.
- From points east or west: Take Route 17 to Exit 24 (Allegany); take Route 17 Exit (West Five Mile Road) 1/4 mile south; turn left onto Route 417; proceed 1.8 miles east on Route 417 (Main Street) to the west entrance of Saint Bonaventure University (just over railroad bridge), then turn right onto East Union Street. DEC's Allegany sub-office is in the white building on the left just past the west entrance to the university.