Environmental Engineer 3
Applications accepted from current State employees and former permanent competitive class employees eligible for reinstatement. You must meet the minimum qualification.
|Posting Specific Information|
|Application Due By||8/22/14|
|Title||Environmental Engineer 3|
|Work Days||Mon. - Fri.|
|Employment Type||Permanent Budgeted Item|
|Bargaining Unit/MC||PS&T 05 (PEF)|
1. Supervision of the Region 5, Division of Materials Management Program and assigned Regional Administration support staff. Provide technical and administrative guidance on the day-to-day activities of staff.
2. Manage and oversee all aspects of the solid waste and pest management permitting, inspection and enforcement programs for the Region. Coordinate with the Central Office Materials Management program.
3. Prepare annual work plans and manage staff to ensure that the work plan goals are met as well as priority initiatives of the Commissioner, Regional Director and Regional Engineer.
4. Manage the administrative responsibilities of the program and assigned staff to meet Department and Commissioner Policies, including but not limited to, time and attendance, performance evaluations, internal controls, training, travel, FOIL, budgeting, Regional NPS and health and safety needs for regional program staff.
5. Utilize, maintain and secure equipment assigned to the program. Ensure data updating of program files are maintained and well-organized and accessible.
6. Communicate with and represent the Department and Region 5 to outside groups, local and State agencies, individuals and other parties. Must be able to effectively articulate information on the Division's programs, policies and actions.
7. Keep the Regional Director, Regional Engineer and other DEC managers informed of program accomplishments, emerging issues and high profile situations through effective verbal and written communication.
Strictly adhered to based on
Civil Service requirements
|Reassignment - Currently in the title and an employee of DEC
Reinstatement Eligible - Previously held the title on a permanent competitive basis or held a title as indicated under the transfer eligible section on a permanent competitive basis.
Transfer Eligible - One year of permanent competitive service at Salary Grade 25 or higher and:
Eligible for transfer under Section 70.1: Permanent competitive service as a an Associate Sanitary Engineer.
If you are on an examination eligible list for the position title, you do not need to respond to this posting UNLESS you are also eligible for appointment by transfer, reinstatement or reassignment as defined above; or the appointment type is provisional or temporary. The eligible list(s) will be canvassed as appropriate. Always respond to an eligible list canvass.
|Additional Comments||Must have a valid driver's license or demonstrate the ability to meet the transportation needs of the position. Must be able to negotiate difficult terrain, work in remote areas and work in adverse weather conditions. Travel, overtime, and overnight travel may be required. Weekends and holidays may be required. Must be available for emergency response and available to respond to after- hour's emergencies. Use of personal Protective equipment may be required.|
|To Apply||Qualified candidates should forward a resume and/or Employment Application which clearly indicates how the minimum qualifications are met and includes the Control Number. If you are applying for more than one posting, you must submit a separate resume or Employment Application for each control number. Send to:
Department of Environmental Conservation
Albany, New York 12233-5060
Fax: (518) 402-9038
If you are a permanent NYS employee not employed by the Department of Environmental Conservation or applying for reinstatement, please provide your social security number so that appointment eligibility may be verified.
State Employees: If you wish to receive an acknowledgement that your application for this posting was received by the Bureau of Personnel and then receive information on the disposition of the position, please attach two self-addressed stamped envelopes (preferably inter-office or inter-agency) to the application. If you are applying for more than one position, you must include two envelopes for each position.
Some vacancies may be anticipated and may not result in an appointment. Application for any position listed may not result in an interview.