Applications accepted from current State employees and former permanent competitive class employees eligible for reinstatement. You must meet the minimum qualifications.
|Posting Specific Information|
|Application Due By||10/07/2016|
Lands and Forests/Direction
|$69,057- $87,351 Effective 4/2015
|Work Days||Mon. - Fri.|
|Employment Type||Permanent Budgeted Item|
|Bargaining Unit/MC||PS&T 05 (PEF)|
|Duties/Responsibilities||Trees for Tributary (trees for Tribs) support:
• Care for potted stock in spring and fall seasons - updating inventory
• Complete deliveries of stock and planting materials to coordinators statewide during spring and fall planting seasons
• Assist with planting events and educational events as needed - providing support to statewide coordinator and watershed coordinators
• Assist with connecting Regional Forestry staff to interested landowners interested in planting trees
• Assist Nursery staff with harvesting and bagging of trees and shrubs in winter/spring
• Assist with UPS orders for Trees for Tribs as needed
• Assist with inventory and distribution of Trees for Tribs planting equipment
• Complete monitoring of past planting sites as needed statewide and coordinate with the Saratoga Tree Nursery on Trees For Tribs activities.
• Work with the Division's Urban and Community Forestry program on various initiatives, including the ReLeaf program, coordination with the Northeast Area of State Foresters (NAASF) and the World Trade Center effort to grow "liberty" trees from the acorns collected from a "liberty" oak tree from ground zero.
• Assist in the Division's on-going relationship with the NAASF.
• Represent the Division as necessary on the Asian Long Horned Management Board
Strictly adhered to based on
Civil Service requirements
|Reassignment - Currently in the title and an employee of DEC
Reinstatement Eligible - Previously held the title on a permanent competitive basis or held a title as indicated under the transfer eligible section on a permanent competitive basis.
Transfer Eligible - One year of permanent competitive service at Salary Grade 21 or higher and:
Eligible for transfer under Section 70.4: Must meet the open competitive minimum qualifications below;
Open competitive minimum qualifications (provided for 70.4 transfer eligibles):
1) a bachelor's or higher-level degree in forestry from a college accredited by the Society of American Foresters (SAF) AND three years of professional-level forestry experience;
2: a bachelor's or higher-level degree, including or supplemented by 40 semester credit hours in forestry, which must have included at least one course in four or more of the following areas: silviculture, forest mensuration, forest protection, forest soil, dendrology, forest management, wilderness management, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), forest ecology, forest recreation, forest biology, or forest and wood products engineering AND three years of professional-level forestry experience. Please include a list of qualifying courses and the credit hours for each.
If there is a viable promotion examination eligible list for this position, candidates who qualify based on 70.4 transfer cannot be considered.
If you are on an examination eligible list for the position title, you do not need to respond to this posting UNLESS you are also eligible for appointment by transfer, reinstatement or reassignment as defined above; or the appointment type is provisional or temporary. The eligible list(s) will be canvassed as appropriate. Always respond to an eligible list canvass.
|Additional Comments||Must have valid driver's license or demonstrate the ability to meet the transportation needs of the position. Must be able to lift and move objects up to 50 pounds.|
|To Apply||Qualified candidates should forward a resume and/or Employment Application which clearly indicates how the minimum qualifications are met and includes the Control Number. If you are applying for more than one posting, you must submit a separate resume or Employment Application for each control number. Send to:
Department of Environmental Conservation
Albany, New York 12233-5060
Fax: (518) 402-9038
If you are a permanent NYS employee not employed by the Department of Environmental Conservation or applying for reinstatement, please provide your social security number so that appointment eligibility may be verified.
State Employees: If you wish to receive an acknowledgement that your application for this posting was received by the Bureau of Personnel and then receive information on the disposition of the position, please attach two self-addressed stamped envelopes (preferably inter-office or inter-agency) to the application. If you are applying for more than one position, you must include two envelopes for each position.
Some vacancies may be anticipated and may not result in an appointment. Application for any position listed may not result in an interview