As a permanent, full-time employee of the Department of Environmental Conservation, you would enjoy many benefits, including:
Generous Leave Time
- Paid vacation: 13 days of paid vacation annually, plus bonus vacation days upon completion of years 1 through 7. After completing 7 years of service, vacation is accrued at the rate of 20 days annually. Vacation credits may be accumulated and carried into the next year with generous limits.
- Paid sick leave: Between 8 and 13 days annually, depending on employee's negotiating unit. Sick leave credits may be accumulated and carried into next year with generous limits.
- 5 paid personal leave days annually
- 12 paid holidays annually
Excellent Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- No physical examination required
- No pre-existing condition clauses
- Prescription drug plans
Retirement benefits after 5 years of credited state service. Health insurance benefits in retirement after 10 years of credited state service if you meet eligibility requirements which include: retire directly from state service; meet age requirements and carried state health insurance at time of retirement.
Deferred Compensation Program
A voluntary retirement savings program, where contributions are made through pre-tax payroll deductions.
Flex Spending Account
The Health Care Spending Account allows you to put money aside through a pre-tax payroll deduction, for health care costs not reimbursed by your health insurance plan. The Dependent Care Advantage Account allows you to put money aside, also through a pre-tax payroll deduction, for eligible child care, elder care, or disabled dependent care expenses.
In addition, you may also qualify for:
- Military leave
- Paid jury duty leave
- Child rearing leave
- Part-time or reduced work schedule