Ever thought about having a great career dedicated to:
- Improving the health and well-being of the public?
- Conserving wildlife, wilderness and places to recreate in nature?
- Working on solutions to climate change?
- Ensuring that we have clean air, pure water and better-protected land?
You can have that career at DEC! Spend a season as a DEC intern.
DEC internships provide a great introduction to our work, giving you a sense of whether DEC might be the right place for you. Students who do internships may be considered more marketable by prospective employers, giving them an advantage over the competition. Internships are available at our Albany headquarters and in our nine regional offices.
Internships give college students on-the-job training that enhances and supplements their course work. Internships are unpaid. Students benefit by the experience they gain and the ability to earn college credits or fulfill class/graduation requirements. "For credit" internships require an understanding between the intern's college and DEC. The intern is responsible for arranging that understanding, as well as fulfilling all the requirements agreed upon.
Applying for a DEC Internship
DEC internship opportunities are posted on the New New York Leaders Program portal (http://nysinternships.com), where you will find all the information you need in order to apply. Students of all backgrounds including race, gender, sexual orientation, people with disabilities and military affiliations are encouraged to apply. When applying:
- Be sure to review all eligibility requirements
- Let us know when you will be available (spring, summer, fall or winter)
- Indicate your preference for a specific internship proposal
Your application will be judged based on how well your preferred location, occupational areas of interest, academic standing and degree concentrations match specified internships.
More about Internships :
- AmeriCorps Members in DEC - AmeriCorps positions within DEC: SCA Hudson Valley Program and the SCA Adirondacks Program.