Boards and Commissions
Organizations DEC Provides Coordination and Secretarial Services to:
The following organizations are independent of the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation. They are established by law. The function of the various organizations is to advise or make recommendations concerning issues that impact the environment. Members are volunteers or appointees selected by the Governor of New York State. The Department provides coordination and secretarial services to these organizations. There are links in the left navigation that provide additional information on certain boards and commissions. Also, there are links in the right column to offsite websites for some boards and commissions.
- Conservation Fund Advisory Board
- Fish and Wildlife Management Board
- Great Lakes Basin Advisory Council
- Marine Resources Advisory Board and Council
- Invasive Species Advisory Committee
Organizations DEC's Technical Staff Participates as Committee or Officers:
- Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission
- The Council of Great Lakes Governors
- Great Lakes Fishery Commission
- Mining and Mined Land Reclamation Related Organizations
- Niagara River Greenway Commission
- Oil and Gas Related Organizations
More about Boards and Commissions:
- Marine Resources Councils and Boards - DEC participates in many marine and fishery councils and boards in cooperation with fishermen, other states and the federal government.
- NYS Fish and Wildlife Management Board - The NYS Fish and Wildlife Management Board was established to encourage the preservation and development of fish and wildlife resources on privately-owned lands and waters, and to improve public recreational access to these resources.
- NYS Conservation Fund Advisory Board - The Conservation Fund Advisory Board provides the license buying public of the State of New York with an oversight in the expenditure of Conservation Fund monies.
- Invasive Species Advisory Committee - created by section section 9-1707 of the Environmental Conservation Law (ECL)
- Hudson River Estuary Management Advisory Committee - Established in 1987,the committee serves to advise DEC on regulatory, policy and other matters affecting the management, protection and use of the Hudson River estuary, its tributaries and shorelands.