DEC has over 20 regional offices across the state. Regional offices are the first point of contact for the majority of needs that DEC meets. Links to driving directions to each regional office can be found on the left side of this page. For regional office phone numbers and emails see our Regional Office Directory.
Central Office Location and Directions
The Department of Environmental Conservation Headquarters is located in downtown Albany at 625 Broadway, between Orange and Columbia Streets, with easy access from Interstate highways I-787 and I-90. Inside access to the building is restricted to employees, their invited guests, and attendees at public meetings. Visitors will need to register at one of the two security desks (located at the front and rear entrances to the building) upon arrival. The fishing license window on the first floor is accessible to the public during normal business hours.
From southbound I-787, take the Colonie Street exit, go straight through the first traffic light and continue on the Water Street overpass, then turn right onto Orange Street. The DEC building will be on your left. There is a public parking garage on your right, and metered parking and a pay lot located on Broadway.
From northbound I-787, take exit 4 (Downtown Albany, Route 9 North), proceed north on Quay Street (Corning Preserve access road), stay in the right lane and follow signs for Colonie Street. Turn left at the traffic light at Water Street, continue on the Water Street overpass, then turn right onto Orange Street. The DEC building will be on your left. There is a public parking garage on your right, and metered parking and a pay lot located on Broadway.
From I-90, take the exit for I-787 south, and follow the directions above.
From the New York State Thruway, take exit 23 to I-787 north, and follow the directions above.
The DEC parking garage behind 625 Broadway does not have any public parking spaces. Public parking is available for a fee at a number of nearby lots, including the Quackenbush Square Garage on Orange Street, right across from 625 Broadway. Metered parking is also available on most nearby streets. Maps, rates, and garage contact information are available on the Albany Parking Authority website (see link in right column).
The Capital District Transportation Authority (CDTA) provides bus service in the Albany, Schenectady, and Troy area, with stops just a short walk from the building. For further information on bus routes and schedules visit the CDTA website (see link in right column).
The Albany-Rensselaer Amtrak Station is just across the Hudson River, about 10 minutes away by car.
Albany International Airport is about 20 minutes away by car.
More about Office Directions:
- DEC Regional Office Map - A map of DEC's Regional offices
- Region 1 Office Directions - Directions to NYSDEC Stony Brook office.
- Region 2 Office Directions - Directions to the Region 2 Office
- Region 3 Office Directions - Directions to Region 3 New Paltz Office
- Region 4 Office Directions - Driving directions to the Region 4 Schenectady and Stamford offices.
- Region 5 Office Directions - Directions to NYSDEC Region 5 Ray Brook, Warrensburg, and Northville offices
- Region 6 Office Directions - Driving directions to DEC Region 6 offices in Watertown, Utica, Lowville, Herkimer, Potsdam, and the Cape Vincent Fisheries Research Station.
- Region 7 Office Directions - Driving directions to the Region 7 offices in downtown Syracuse, Sherburne, Cortland, and Kirkwood.
- Region 8 Office Directions - Driving directions to the Region 8 offices in Avon, Elmira, and Bath.
- Region 9 Office Directions - Maps and driving directions to Region 9's offices.