Publications, Forms, Maps
- Conservationist - DEC's full-color, award-winning magazine covers a broad range of environmental and outdoor topics. Six issues published per year and are also available online.
- Conservationist for Kids - A companion to Conservationist offers information and activities to encourage kids to enjoy the outdoors. It is aimed at a 4th grade level and is also available online.
- Color brochures and posters of wildlife (originally published in Conservationist).
- Educational and technical publications by various DEC divisions.
To get a copy of a DEC publication:
Use the "Publications" link in the left-hand column and search by subject area. Most publications can be downloaded and printed directly from your computer. Those not available in electronic format can be requested by using the link, "Order a copy by email".
Outdoor Discovery keeps you
informed about fun family
activities happening all year.
If you cannot find a publication, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 518-402-8013
Online Newsletters and Bulletins
To sign up to receive any of the newsletters and bulletins below, first subscribe to GovDelivery. Enter your email and submit the required information on the "New Subscriber" page. This will take you to the "Quick Subscription" page where you will see a list of all the topics that you can receive email updates on from DEC. Check the box next to the topics you are interested in. You will receive a welcome email confirming your subscription choices.
- DEC Outdoor Discovery - a monthly electronic newsletter, where you will find valuable information to help you explore the outdoors and the recreational opportunities available in all areas of New York State.
- Environmental Notice Bulletin (ENB) - Published weekly on Wednesdays. The ENB publishes notices required by a range of environmental laws, including notices of complete applications under the Uniform Procedures Act and several other state and regional agencies; notices required under the NYS Environmental Quality Review Act of regulations submitted by DEC as well as other state and local agencies; notices of DEC hearings and some other specialized notices required by specific laws.
- Hudson River Almanac - a natural history journal that covers the Hudson from the High Peaks of the Adirondacks to New York Harbor.
The Map Collection has maps of state
forests and hiking trails. Make your own
map with our interactive online tools.
The majority of DEC's most popular forms are available on the "Forms" page and are organized by topic.
- For printable maps of state forests, recreation areas, wildlife distribution and other maps, see our Map Collection
- Make your own maps using DEC's online interactive map tools
- Use DEC's geographic data in Google Maps and Google Earth
More about Publications, Forms, Maps:
- Publications - Access to print and online publications from the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYSDEC)
- Forms - Forms that are available online from NYSDEC programs
- Grant Applications - For NYSDEC grants to municipalities, community organizations and not-for-profits
- Maps - Maps and interactive mapping applications currently available online from NYSDEC
- Conservationist Magazine - NYSDEC's bi-monthly magazine